THE BENEFITS AND SIDE EFFECTS OF DRINKING HOT WATER
In Ayurveda, drinking warm water has been considered as one of the best medicine to maintain a healthy balance of doshas in your body. According to the results of ayurvedic treatment in Pune, people who drink hot water has a holistic health benefit, especially when they drink it in the morning (empty stomach) and right before going to sleep.
In this blog, we will learn some amazing benefits of drinking water and how much water in a day is healthy?
Benefits of drinking water
- Improved Digestion: As the hot water passes through your stomach and intestines, the digestive organs are hydrated and helps in eliminating the waste properly. Sipping hot water also calms your nervous system, and you will feel fewer aches and pain in the body, thus contributing to relieve constipation and weight loss.
- Detoxify your body: Hot water temporarily increases your internal body temperature to get rid of toxins in the body. The increased body temperature causes sweating and helps in cleaning the pores, thus naturally nourishes your skin and detoxifying it to get rid of acne, pimples, and skin conditions.
- Improved Blood Circulation: According to Ayurvedic science and Ayurvedic hospital in Pune, hot water works as a vasodilator, which means it expands the blood vessels, thus improving the blood circulation. Sipping hot water and applying heat bags are often considered as one of the effective remedies for menstrual cramps, as it helps the muscles relax and reduce pain.
- Weight Loss: Drinking warm water is indirectly associated with weight loss because sipping hot water makes your stomach feel full. This fullness stops you from overeating, thus prevents gaining excess weight. Also, warm water helps your body absorb the nutrients and reject the harmful toxins and waste products.
- Improves sinus problem: The steam produced fro hot water helps unclog the sinuses and relieve pressure caused by cold or nasal allergies. Sipping hot water allows the mucous to move quickly, which enables you to recover from an allergic cold or cough within a few days.
- Reduce Stress: We all go through a bad day at work, in the office, or want to relax at home. A cup of hot water can help people manage stress and anxiety. The warmth of hot water has proven to be an instant mood lifter.
How much water is considered as healthy drinking?
Expert Ayurvedic doctor in Pune recommends that an adult should drink at least 8-ounce glasses of water (at least 2 litres per day). But, it is a target very few can achieve. Drinking hot water might help you keep your body hydrated for a more extended period of time. However, talk to your Ayurvedic doctor to understand what amount of water can best keep your body adequately hydrated.
Drinking too much water can cause an imbalance in the water concentration in the body and with time, it can cause swollen brain cells. Sipping too much hot water can also cause blisters and ulcers in the mouth.
Drinking hot water can cure and prevent many diseases but make sure the water is not scalding. If you are looking for more natural ways to heal your body, mind, and soul, visit Jeevana Kerala Ayurvedic treatment centre to find the best Ayurvedic doctor in Pune.