Ayurveda offers effective prescriptions towards control and management of diabetes
The life and living of modern generation is changing fast and we have become more sedentary in our work styles. This means that we are doing less of labor and more of rest, atleast physically! Human body has started to respond towards such change in the form of lifestyle disorders of diversity including stress, diabetes and heart disease. Diabetes and obesity have grown in close consonance and in a swift manner around the world. Countries like India have earned the notorious distinction of diabetes capital of the world and even children are being diagnosed with it. Ayurveda, the ancient medicine system offers vital recommendations towards adopting a healthy lifestyle and promises to help the people who are trapped in the unending cycles of diseases like diabetes! Ayurvedic medicine center in Pune offers the following counsels towards prevention and management of diabetes.
1. Bitter gourd – Ayurveda recommends bitter gourd (karela) juice in fresh form which is to be taken every morning. This juice has the capacity to reduce the high blood glucose level in a short time span and thus provide relief to the patient. People who are characterized by excess blood sugar levels need to accommodate bitter gourd usage in a regular manner.
2. Tulsi – ocimum sanctum or tulsi is a miracle herb in Ayurveda and offers wholesome health benefits including the control of blood sugar levels. The diabetic person should develop the habit of chewing fresh leaves of tulsi in morning every day or take ark/distillate of it after consulting the registered Ayurvedic practitioner.
3. Fenugreek seeds – fenugreek or Indian methi is a vital herb for the management of blood sugar level. You can soak fenugreek seeds in warm water for whole night and consume the water next morning.
4. Jamun seeds – jamun seeds have been helpful in reducing the blood glucose level. Powder of jamun seeds can be taken with water every day as a control and management measure.
5. Cinnamon powder – cinnamon powder can be boiled in water and then strained. The filtered water should be used daily to control the diabetes.
6. Amla – amla is the wonder fruit in Ayurveda. Amla juice can be taken by the diabetic patients after diluting in water.
7. Triphala – triphala is a natural cleanser and helps in flushing out the toxins from the gut. Its decoction can be prepared in water and consumed to lower the high sugar levels.
The Ayurvedic philosophy to treat diabetes –
Experts at a super specialty center offering diabetes Ayurvedic treatment in Pune explain that the therapies offered for control and management of diabetes are meant to stimulate the production of insulin in pancreas and to also improve the response of the cells and tissues towards the available insulin in the blood circulation. These mechanisms are very generic as compared to the allopathic therapies where insulin is administered externally and no attempt is done to correct the anomalies. Ayurveda practitioners also recommend the practice of yogasans and pranayams to optimize the results.