13 EFFECTIVE AYURVEDIC REMEDIES TO DEAL WITH MIGRAINE PAIN
Despite significant advances in the medical field, Ayurvedic treatments continue to provide immense relief from migraine and conditions alike. At Jeevana, one of the most established Ayurvedic hospitals in Pune, we offer a broad range of Ayurvedic treatments to address a range of problems.
This blog offers the different Ayurvedic techniques that one should lean toward to deal with migraine.
- Drinking ginger tea helps in addressing the signs and symptoms of migraine-like nausea.
- Ginger roots are typically used to fend off prostaglandins, compounds that trigger muscle contractions and lead to a headache.
- Stress can be a cause for migraine headache. To prevent the same, apply lavender oil over your forehead as it primarily works like a mild sedative that allows you to calm down.
- Rosemary oil plays an imperative role in overcoming hormonal imbalances which is one of the fundamental causes of migraines in women.
- One can use Ayurvedic oils to massage the forehead or lean toward other alternatives such as adding three drops of oil to warm water and inhale the fragrance.
- Drink freshly made peppermint tea or massage your temples with peppermint oil and let it stay for at least half of an hour.
- Drinking water boiled and cooled with fennel seeds or Indian Sarsaparilla is recommended.
- Application of nutmeg paste or sandalwood paste on the head and temples can help you deal with the unwanted pain and discomfort.
- Ensure you sleep for at least 7-8 hours every night.
- Avoid or lessen over intake of spicy, sour, salty, sour food items
- Avoid excess exertions, avoid smoking, and limit your alchohol consumption
- Several Yoga asanas (poses) can pay dividends in the long run. For instance, hastapadasana (status forward bend), setu bandhasana (bridge pose), balasana (baby pose), marjariasana (cat stretch), Paschimottanasana (two-legged forward bend), adho mukha svanasana (downward-facing canine pose), padmasana (lotus pose) and shavasana (corpse pose) have time and again exhibited tremendous results against migraines since ancient times.
If you are suffering from migraine, schedule an appointment with Jeevana to know more. Our team of highly experienced Ayurvedic doctors in Pune will cater to all your problems effectively and at the same time, offer guidance to ensure our clients stay healthy for as long as possible.